Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whoa!

Big things are happening a la maison TJK! The other day I was super fed up with work and checked in with an old colleague of mine from New York who had gone to a competitor of our old company a year or two ago. A while back he had offered to set me up for coffee with a partner in their DC office just to chat about the DC market and stuff for our field. But then I get an email yesterday from the partner…he wants me to come down to their office and meet with him and another partner on Monday afternoon. Somehow, I think that casual coffee just turned into an informal interview. YIKES! And WHOA! My friend is really happy at this company…much happier than he was at our old company. I miss my old field. It’s a really specific and small field with only a handful of companies who really operate in it. My old company was the top of the field. Let’s put it this way, one of their last major cases was a near $20 billion deal. It’s been hard trying to find a company that competes with them. This other company only has about 50 or so employees as opposed to the thousands of my old company. But instead of trying to grow in every possible direction like my old company, this one has stayed true to its core legacy business. I hope I don’t blow this meeting on Monday!

But on to more big news….TT is moving in within the next two weeks. That’s right. I’m going to have to live with a booooooooy. AH!

We’re supposed to get a major snow storm starting tomorrow late morning. The weatherman is predicting 12-20 inches. Knowing how crazy people around here at the mere mention of snow, I hit the grocery store last night to avoid the crazy milk/toilet paper buying people tonight. I had no food in the house and I didn’t want to get stuck in the house this weekend without anything to eat! We have plenty of firewood, marshmellos (how do you spell that??), food, wine and dog food. Bring on the snow!

[Via http://tjk109.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment