Saturday, September 26, 2009

Annie Needs a Job: Day 1

I’m so sick. I called my parents yesterday to tell them my fever was up to 101.5 last night, and though it’s down right now, my dad had the nerve to call me this morning and ask about my job search. This is the same job search I’ve been telling him I started a month and a half ago, but I’ll let you in on a little secret: I lied. So today, while I do nothing but lay in bed with a huge bottle of gatorade, I begin Step 1 of my job search, well, kind of step 0.5 because this step doesn’t actually involve looking for jobs.

Step 0.5:

  • Update resume and portfolio
  • Update my profiles on websites I’m signed up for
  • Take down inappropriate pictures/tweets (if there are any).
  • E-mail a couple people for references
  • Tell dad I’m 20 steps ahead of this

Deadline: January 2010 (I graduate Dec. 12, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment