Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm on a boat

Er, I’m in a boat factory…

Yep, I figured I’d channel my newfound auto knowledge into the building of sailboat engines. Look at me now, world! I’ll be masterminding this s*** blindfolded before the day’s out.

Or, I wish, I soooooooooo wish… Actually I had to tour a sailboat factory for some freelance work involving the S.C. manufacturing industry. Basically I’m telling a story: How to Build a Better Boat Factory. Subtitle: Methodologies and Improvements Used to Facilitate Greater Productivity, Safety and Quality. So, yep, please head on down to your Barnes & Noble and snap that one up.

But truth be told, it was an informative experience. I’ve never seen boats in the process of assembly, and it’s impressive stuff. Noah never had it this good. Trust me, you won’t really appreciate a 55-footer ’til you stand right beside in dry storage. That’s what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment