Monday, September 14, 2009

The Clockkeepers

Hmm, what do these grandfather clocks (and three others not pictured) have in common? Give up? They were all dismantled by me — and my partner in time.

We traveled to Savannah over the weekend (a little recon work, ya know ) to pick up the display pieces following a Badcock furniture trade show. We were on clock duty, Ridgeway grandfather clock duty. I took apart the chimes and pendulum. My pal Brad McQueen hoisted the clocks and stuffed them back into their boxes.

Who’s Brad McQueen, you say? The same guy who got me this gig. Yep, great friend. But please, check the technique…

That's the patented Brad McQueen bear hug.

And wanna guess how we were paid? With this:

Yes, for my labor, I am being paid in clocks now. And to be exact, it’s an Everest waterfall floor clock. I could feed you some blustery, writerly baloney on the product, but Ridgeway does a much better job than I could ever muster:

“If you long to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the Everest waterfall floor clock is your perfect solution. Gently cascading water shimmers as it flows down the natural slate tiles and over a bed of river stones, offering the peace and tranquility of a fresh mountain spring. An Aged Bronze finish complements the slate tiles, creating a timepiece that is as beautiful as it is unique. The suspended slate dial, features carved hour markers and tapered black hands. To further enhance the experience, water flow is adjustable and a bottom mounted halogen light illuminates the fountain for added ambiance.”

Also: IT’S FOR SALE!!! Normally, a handsome piece such as the EVEREST WATERFALL FLOOR CLOCK retails for $1200 (seriously, look it up). But we’re willing to let it go for $700.

THAT’S MORE THAN 40 PERCENT OFF THE REGULAR PRICE!!!

That’s right, we’re slashing prices at robyoung4hire.com!!! So act now, this offer won’t last long (I hope)!!!*



*Yes, this is a genuine offer. Please contact me for additional details.

No comments:

Post a Comment