Sunday, March 7, 2010

Car Wash

I finally washed my car today. Considering it is white in colour, I should have done it sooner and I should be doing it more often. I’ll try and make it a weekly thing (yeah right, not bloody likely). Feels good to see ol’ JB (that’s its name, due to the number plate more than anything else LOL) sparkling and clean. I was starting to get paranoid that someone would write “wash me” in the dust on my windscreen – yes, it was that dirty.

On another note, after my text to Mamat Gila yesterday, there was NO more contact from him – yay, a win for me!

I also started realising what it is I really want to do with my life. I want to travel the world. Yes, this isn’t anything new. But the real epiphany came to me when I decided I could travel the world teaching English. A good friend of mine told me she knows loads of people travelling with NGOs in a sort of ‘Teachers without Borders’ programme, and that I could do that too. So what I’ll do is, I’ll get my CELTA certificate, and then see what I can do with it – anything, anywhere, teaching people English. I could start by going to Germany/Europe, and then the rest of the world. I am really excited about this direction, because I love seeing the world and meeting people and learning new things… and it would be just awesome if I could do that for a living.

So yeah. My initial plan. I have so much confidence in myself and my ability to adapt to my surroundings, I think this would be perfect for me. And I could write my book* while travelling :D

* I’ve always wanted to be a published author and travelling will give me material, experience and ideas for a book. I feel it’s the only way to live my dream :)

[Via http://nayainaustralia.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment