Saturday, January 16, 2010

hello

This is my first entry; they say the first time is always the worst. Anyway, I guess I’ll blog about my day better yet yesterday. I work in retail, nuf said? huh?

Nah, all seriousness aside I like my job but apparently my customer service is questionable. I just don’t get how people can go on so long in life and be sooo dumb. Really.

Look, I live in Texas we kinda get winter but not really, technically it’ll only last for a few weeks. Generally, Texas is considered a warm weather region really, most of Texas is desert, hot desert, dry desert.

I work in the shoe dept. of a major retail chain that begins with the letter “M”, ahem, yuppers!

So here’s how the story goes just because we have an extra week of winter doesn’t mean you have to break out the snow boots or uggs or whatever the hell you want to call them. Seriously, it goes from 30 degrees to 65 in as little as four hours, so why waste money on some boots that aren’t even weatherproof? Well, thats just my opinion but wherever these crazy ladies come from (total drama island) its Antartica, whatever!

Due to the fact that Texas is not having a blizzard or a snowstorm the “buyers” for the company will not send us an adequate amount of inventory for these devastated fashionistas eager to embrace the trend of wearing “boots with the fur” and daisy dukes. Go figure.

Where do I come in? I’m the sales lady who keeps telling them “no ma’am, we’re all sold out of eskimo style this season.”

To which they reply, “are you serious, you mean to tell that this store doesn’t have my size the most common size known to womankind?”

To which I reply, “Yes, ma’am but I do have a fancy gladiator sandal gathering dust, over here. How about being a season ahead of the game and get’em now?”

Of course, the gladiators won’t be on sale for awhile and all mayhem ensues.

So after being accused of not wanting to sell a shoe (even if selling is my bread and butter, hello commissioned employees) or not wanting to help or even trying to help; I feel a little drained at the end of the day.

Therefore, the winter season which seems more like rainy season has taken its toll on me and my emotional well being. Sigh

[Via http://lilysoso.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment