Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Right JOB

Okay. I had a bit of a difficulty acknowledging the fact that I was offered a job. Before that, Memph (as my friends would call me) was a gentleman who assisted the 70-year old lady next door. He was an entirely different person; smiling at every chance just to keep the hard feelings away. Although some believed that he was cynical, he was quite a man.

I may sound depressed and it is ironic that this job is contributing more to it. THE JOB apparently will entail being far from my loved ones for a very long time. Don’t get me wrong, the pay is nerve-racking but to think and realize that I will be far from those who know me despite my secretive attitude, makes it so difficult to decide. Decisions weren’t an issue then because I was always on top of my game—that is probably why they hired me.

This company I’m working for will be outsourcing most of their products and services with a one of the most distinguished BPOin Asia. I knew that from the moment the vice president spoke with me, the table was turning already and I had to digest it as fast as I can because the world I live in revolves around a crazily fast-paced lifestyle. I gave it a week to decide and I spent some time reminiscing with friends and family. Although people in that place will practically know me as a “big red neck” who can fire them, I just want to keep how people know me in my memories.

It’s clear that an opportunity has unfolded in the most unexpected day of my life but nobody would ever turn his back from something that may provide the future that everyone would die for. As of today, meetings and more meetings are scheduled before the final countdown flashes into my senses.

[Via http://memphisjones.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment